ACCESS is an entrepreneurship program launched by TiE Atlanta Angels to close the mentoring and funding gap between women- and minority-owned businesses.
While women- and minority-owned companies are trailblazing the entrepreneurship scene, access to capital, mentoring, and the right network remain as barriers. ACCESS aims to set the stage for business owners to present their product or service to established angel investors from TiE Atlanta.
The current application process is closed, and the 2021 Cohort has been announced. Meet the finalists here!
If you’d like to be involved with ACCESS as a sponsor, mentor or investor, complete this form and the TiE ACCESS team will be in touch.
In partnership with
March 1: Applications Open
April 30: Applications Close
May 10: Semi-Finalists Chosen; Request for Additional Due Diligence
June 15: Finalist Companies Announced
June 25: Mentor/coach matches and advisors announced
August 28: Finals
Qualifications to Apply
To qualify, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Early stage, Seed, Seed+
- At least one (1) female or minority founder/cofounder (Asian American, African American, Hispanic, Latinx)
- Post Revenue
- Must be able to provide proformas, financials, and full company data upon request
- Business plan summary and term sheet
- Location preferred: Georgia, Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee
FIRST PLACE – Up to $150,000 & opportunity to present at TiECON Atlanta 2021
SECOND PLACE – Up to $100,000
THIRD PLACE – Up to $75,000
All placed companies will receive: Two (2) months’ of mentorship with TiE Atlanta Charter Mentors; Two (2) tickets to TiECON 2021 on September 17, 2021; One (1) year of TiE Atlanta membership for up to 2 co-founders
Contingent on funds raised in 2021; we invested $295k in three TiE ACCESS companies in 2020. TiE reserves the right to invest based on the specific economics of each investment.
How You Can Get Involved
There are four ways individuals and organizations can get involved with ACCESS.
- Attend – We will send you info on attending the pitch finals via Zoom on Aug 28
- Invest – For equity, dollar options in the form (with an additional option to donate)
- Promote – We will email you content to send out or make warm intros
- Co-sponsor – We will contact you to discuss how to strengthen our ecosystem.